Monday, April 5, 2010

another holiday without....

Friday Rachel and I went to Ma. to one of the greatest fabric stores on the east coast. to pick out fabric for her bridesmaids and flower girl. Again a few years ago my mother would have joined for that then lunch. the mourning process is so hard..
I cried part of Saturday no Mom no Daddy.
You know it is hard enough not having Daddy around but Sunday all the kids were here for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. I wish I could have had my Mother here but I didn't dare not knowing what would come out of her mouth.
Joe got copies of "Still Alice" for myself and the other kids, Heather my 9 year old is reading it now? IT is an easy read only took about 4 hours but it is so sad and boy could I relate to the husband. If you haven't read it, find a copy.
Anyway...life goes on there are so many other things to think about but no matter how focused I am on the Lord or the other parts of my family Mother and her Alzheimer's is always in the back of my mind.
Does that ever change....

No comments:

Post a Comment